The paragraph below is just a
guideline for you to help you write your own essay
in your own words.
When you are asked to write about your SCHOOL, try to include some of the following points:
1. name of your school
3. class in which you study
4. how you go to school
5. describe your school - rooms, playground, garden, toilet facility, drinking water
6. number of teachers and your relationship with them
7. number of students
8. describe the library - purposes served, assistance rendered
9. school functions on various occasions
10. anything else that you want to include to make your essay stand out
The name of my school is St. John's Academy (write the name of your own school). It is one of the best schools in Kolkata (write the name of your own city/village). I study in class three. It is located at Ballygunge, Kolkata. I travel to school by our school bus. There are fifty-five class rooms. There is a big playground too for us to play. Our playground is covered with grass. There are three beautiful gardens with flowers like roses, hibiscus, sunflower and seasonal blooms. Altogether there are sixty teachers who teach us all the subjects. The teachers teach us with great care and attention. Mr. Jason is the Principal of our school. Our classrooms are very airy and beautifully decorated. There are two thousand students in our school. We have a big library filled with many kinds of books. We are taught to obey and respect our teachers and elders. Weak students are given special classes by our teachers. Various activities and functions are held all the year round. The Annual Prize Day Ceremony is the best of all. I am very proud of my school. I love and respect my school. I love to go to school because then I can play with my friends.
Notes to Children:
You can create more essays/paragraphs based on the above, like:
1. Describe what you like about your school
2. Write a paragraph on your teachers
3. Write a paragraph on your school
4. Write a paragraph on the school function that you like most
Always try to include something more to make your essay different from others.